Friday, February 1, 2013

Feb. 1, 2013


                   

Weekend News

2-1-13


Dear Parents,
            I want to thank all of the parents and grandparents who went with us on our snowshoeing field trip.  I sure appreciate all the help you gave us along the trail.  I hope you enjoyed yourselves as much as we did.  It was a wonderful experience for the students.  We really had a workout!! I know I was tired by the end of the day. J
   IMPORTANT INFORMATION
  •          I am sending home a sheet of “HOMEWORK HELP WEBSITES” that you may find helpful for your children.  These sites are for students in K-12.
  •          VALENTINE’S DAY AND BOXES: Students may make a Valentine box at home or they may make a sack at school.  Students may bring their Valentine’s cards and boxes any time during the next two weeks.  Please make sure they have their names on the boxes.  I have put a list of student names for Valentine cards in the homework folders.
  •          February 14th & 21st our fourth graders will participate in Common Core Field Tests to help us prepare for the new Common Core State Standards that will be replacing our Idaho State Standards. These tests will be replacing the ISAT tests next year.  This will be a great opportunity for our students to be more prepared when the change takes place.
  •          February 21st-Moms and Muffins 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
  •          February 18th, Monday- President's Day, No school
  •          February 18th through February 22nd- Penny Wars
  •          February 27th, Wednesday- End of 2nd trimester-AR GOALS DUE
  •          February 27th, Thursday is Record Day, and March 1st, Friday is Professional Development Day-NO SCHOOL on these days.
  •          SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS: Due date is Feb. 8th.  You may order on-line www.scholastic.com/bookclubs .  Enter code HCWNC to get to our class order forms.  The class gets a free book for every order placed on-line.  If students want to order a book with their Christmas coupon, they need to write “Free” next to the book on the order form.

THIS WEEK’S HOMEWORK
*    Language:  Drops In The Bucket D 4                                                                                         
*  Math:  Drops In The Bucket Number 4
*    Math:  Multi-Digit Multiplication
*    Reading:  read nightly and fill out your reading log. 

Have a great weekend with your family!
Denise Thompson

No comments: