Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nov. 26, 2012



     

WEEKEND NEWS
11-26-12



ELLIS MOTTO:   “I AM RESPONSIBLE AND ALWAYS LEARNING!!!”
ROOM 5 MOTTO:  “DO YOUR BEST!!!”

Dear Parents,
            I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I want you to know how thankful I am to have your children in my classroom.  They are all very special to me.  They enrich my life and make me a better person. 

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
  • New AR goals start today.  Many students struggled to make their goals this past grading period.  Please remind your child to set aside a designated amount of time each day/night to read.
  • BOOK ORDERS are be due by Wed., Dec. 5th.  These books make great Christmas gifts and are very affordable.  If you order any for Christmas, just write a note or e-mail me and I will keep them for you to pick up in person. Combine all orders and make any checks payable to Scholastic Books.  You may also order on-line at www.scholastic.com/bookclubs .  Use this code to order books:  HCWNC. 
I am also sending home a flyer and order form for the new program “Storia”.  This is a free interactive, educational eReading App from Scholastic.  You can download it onto your computer or tablet. 


  • Ellis Canned Food Drive:  Nov. 26 – Dec. 7
  • Week one is a themed with ideas below.  Week two is not themed.  Please send whatever you choose.  We appreciate your help!!
  • Monday- “Get Souped Up!  For The Idaho Food Bank!”  Bring canned or dried soup, chili, stew, and crackers.
  • Tuesday- Breakfast of Champions!  Hot and cold cereals, pancake mix, syrup, honey, jelly, Instant breakfast, muffin mix, canned or dried fruit juice, canned or powdered milk.
  • Wednesday- Lunch Bunch!  Bring canned meats, soup, ramen noodles, peanut butter, jelly, and crackers.
  • Thursday- Dinner Tonight!  Meats, pasta, instant potatoes, canned sauces, macaroni and cheese, chili, canned vegetables, biscuit mix, microwavable meals such as spaghetti, ravioli (nothing frozen), canned or dried fruit.
  • Friday- Snack Attack! Granola bars, fruit bars, dried fruit, crackers, pudding cups and popcorn.

THIS WEEK’S HOMEWORK
  • Language:  Drops In The Bucket C12
  • Math:  Drops In The Bucket Number 36
  • Reading:  read nightly and fill out your reading log.

Have a wonderful week!
Denise Thompson                                                                 

No comments: