September 6, 2013
I
am looking forward to an exciting year with your child. Our first week together has been fun. Our class already feels like a family. We are very fortunate to have a student
intern from ISU this fall. Mrs. Zabel
will be with us through Dec. 13th. This is going to be a great year!
Parents
are always welcome in our room. Come and
visit whenever you can. If you would
like to eat lunch with your son or daughter, we eat from 12:25-1:00.
If
you would like to volunteer, please contact me as soon as possible. I would love the help!! I will try and make a parent volunteer
schedule in the next week or so. Call 237-4742 or e-mail me at thompsde@sd25.us .
IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
·
If a student receives less than 70% on a classroom or
homework assignment, he/she may correct the assignment and turn it in to be re-graded. The final grade will be an average of the two
grades. It is the student’s
responsibility to re-do the work and turn it in.
·
Please send back the attached e-mail information sheet
as soon as possible. If you would like
correspondence via e-mail, I will send my weekly letters that way. I will first send a trial letter to make sure
you can all receive my messages. For
those of you who want paper correspondence, I will send the letters in your
child’s Friday Homework Folder. You can
also find the same information on my blog.
A link to my blog can be found on
Infinite Campus, through the Ellis website, or directly at http://mrsthompsons4thgrade.blogspot.com/
·
I will start sending home AR Home Reading Logs starting
next Tuesday when library classes begin.
Students will need to return the logs each day. The logs will be part of their reading
grade. They will be expected to read
15-30 min. each night.
THIS WEEK’S HOMEWORK:
·
Math: “Drops In The Bucket” #26
·
Language:
“Drops In The Bucket” Lesson C2
·
Reading:
read 15-30 minutes each night.
Enjoy your family this weekend!
Denise
Thompson
No comments:
Post a Comment